Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Racking up on Wrecks

So, to all of those of you that have attempted to keep score, add another tally mark to the wreck column.  I believe that brings the current tally to:

     Wrecks - 5; Avalon - 0

I'd like to preface all of this by saying, this was, again, not my fault.  Although it wasn't my fault, I'm starting to wonder where I picked up this bad car karma.  Seriously.

Let me fill you in . . .

1.  I am minding my own business, backing out of my driveway and BAM - hello, retaining wall.  Ok, this was definitely my fault, [boo-hiss] but the rest of these weren't . . .

2.  I am enjoying a beautiful Friday afternoon on my way home from work, [and out before 5:00 . . . yeah . . . didn't realize how fast I could go from winning to losing] yielding to on-coming traffic and waiting to turn right when BAM, re-ended.  She had insurance.  Car is repaired.  Life continues.

3.  I am beginning another work week on a dismal and cloudy Monday morning.  I'm stopped at a red light waiting for the signal to change and minding my own beeswax.  I happen to glance up and see major-moron coming at me, not braking at all, yapping on his cell phone and BAM, re-ended.  Again.  Seriously.  Throw in my first ambulance ride and you have wreck ^ 3.  Neck is ok.  He had insurance.  Car is repaired.  Life continues.

4.  Hubby and I have just endured the most boring parenthood-preparedness class from 8:00AM to 5:00PM on a SATURDAY.  Yes.  SATURDAY.  I am 7 months pregnant and starving [of course].  We are on our way to my parents house to chow down and visit with my sis and bro-in-law who are in town.  We slow down, see random-civic who needs a break, let them pass and wait for traffic.  Man-in-expensive-SUV is not paying attention and BAM, we are rear-ended and get pushed forward to hit random-civic.  Bummer.  So hungry and it is just sinking in that food will be delayed when B-A-M, we are hit AGAIN by Man-in-expensive-SUV who was hit by breaking-the-light-ginormous-truck and we are pushed back into random-civic.  Cue the tears.  I'm preggers and it occurs to me that food is even further away now that we are in a 4 car pile up.  Preggers and baby are ok.  Food is given to Preggers.  Car is repaired. Life continues.

5.  And to the present . . . again, minding my own beeswax, headed into the parking lot to pick up Biscuit from school when BAM, I am side-swiped by speeding black chevy truck about 75% of the way through my turn and then am hit on the hood and roof of my car with random flying mailbox.  Yes.  You read that right . . . random flying mailbox. Shoulder and wrist are both x-rayed and ok.  I opted out of the ambulance ride and just let the hubby take me.  Car is being repaired . . . and was surprisingly not totaled. 

Needless to say . . . I'm a little gun-shy about driving.  Let's just say that if you offer to come pick me up, I won't turn you down!   =)

Can anyone beat my # of wrecks??  Surely someone out that plays "bumper cars" as much as me, right?!?  =)



No comments:

Post a Comment