Friday, January 13, 2012

Biscuit's New Playroom

Ok . . . so I have a New Year's Resolution completed already . . . and this makes me happy.  =)

Biscuit now officially has a playroom.  I was inspired after visiting Andy & Allyson and seeing the adorable princess playroom they have set up for their "biscuits" so I decided that I needed to get on the ball, be a good mommy and get Biscuit a nice playroom in our house!  =)

We actually have an eat-in area in our kitchen that we are using as the playroom . . . we donated the kitchen table and chairs to Hannah Home and had a play area set up . . .

Here are the before pictures . . .

The playroom . . . and yes, I was using layers of comforters to make it "cushy"


. . . Another view . . .

And AFTER!!!

We got a shelf and baskets to store toys along with a rug to make crawling a little easier on the knees . . . 

 A close-up of her toy shelf . . . and Betty Lou chilling out on the top shelf  =)

Another shot of the toy area . . . and Big Al from Aunt Denise & Uncle Jason [which also works great as a pillow according to daddy . . . this has been used several early mornings]


And her very own TV . . . we actually use this TV for Alabama Football tailgating but figure that we can share during the off-season  =)  The shelf it is sitting on was previously a decorative piece in the guest room . . . and it was black.  I painted it white so that Biscuit would have a nice TV stand and a place to store things in the many drawers  =)


And a close-up of the TV stand . . . I was proud of my painting skills and my re-purposing of furniture switch-a-roo  =)  A girl has to have a place to watch Looney Tunes, right?!?!


And there you have it . . . Biscuit's playroom.  It's nice having all of her toys in one area and having a place that is dedicated just to her.  I like having my own space - I figure that she does too!  I also like having a way to organize the toys . . . it's an easy way to make things look nice and neat.  

I'm thinking about adding so artwork to the side of the shelf . . . thinking about coloring some pictures, framing them in simple document frames and hanging them . . . I'll follow-up with what I decide to add.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment